Thursday, January 15, 2009

What kind of essays might you see from me???

. The Conversational Element (xxiv-xxv). Would you describe yourself as someone who often feels ambivalent about issues? Are you the kind of person who has lots of doubts? Do you make a habit of examining your doubts? I think that everyone at one time or another has doubts, people are human, and I am certaintly a worrier. However I don't have doubts I ussally have thought and worried over a decision enough that I have already weighed the outcomes a thousand times, so when I come to a soultion, it usally does not present doubts about what ever it is, of course this is usally in theory only.


II. Honesty, Confession, and Privacy (xxv-xxvii). Would you describe yourself as a private person or do you tend to be more of an "open book"? I am a relitive open book I think that I share my experinces or my life choices because no matter how bad or indifferet they are they are what makes me, me. I do however usally share things with people that I know, but for the most part if you want to know ask, is my usal policy if I don't want you to know I'll tell you so. As people who know me can atest too.

III. The Contractions and Expansions of the Self (xxvii-xxix). How comfortable do you feel about talking about your flaws or things you've done in the past that embarrass you now? Are proud of your knowledge of a particular subject? Depends, really on who I'm talking to and if it going to help someone else, as far as things I have done in the past. My flaws I am I think for the most part open about, everyone has them it makes us all human.


IV. The Role of Contrariety (30-31). How comfortable do you feel expressing an opinion that you know others will disagree with?
I on some levels comfortable with it I do think there is a time in place for certain things you shouldn't be in a classroom going over Shakesphere and shout out about the promblem with evolution..... but I think if it is on topic and I get over my intial shyness yes I am comfortable.

V. The Problem of Egotism (31-32). Do you worry that writing about your personal life in detail is a sign of egotism or vanity?
No i think people should write with which they know, who knows you better than you, I think everyone has a different experinces somthing that can help others with somthing that can show somone a diiferent way top think or look at things espessacilly iof your reader has never dreamed of going through what you are writting about, Vain...no helpful...possibiliy.

VI. Cheek and Irony (32-33). How comfortable do you feel making fun of yourself? How do you feel about mocking other people? Neither of these are particular past times of mine.

VII. The Idler Figure (33-35). How do you feel about wasting time? Are you the kind of person who likes to have a strict schedule that you can stick to or do you prefer not to have a schedule at all and let things happen spontaneously? I am big last minute person and I hate that I want to be one of thoses people that I have to do right then, but I'm not. So my schedule usally on the fly.

VIII. The Past, the Local, and the Melancholy (35-37). Do you often find yourself looking back at past experiences and reflecting on how they shaped the person you are today? Yes I am very big on looking at what has shaped me I belive everything happens for a reason. The choices that you make, make you who you are.

IX. Questions of Form and Style (37-41). Would you say you feel more comfortable writing narratives or writing arguments or writing reports? Do you like to read texts that take a straight path from A to B or do you prefer to read texts that meander into unexpected places? NARRATIVES!!!!!! I also love reading storys that make all kinds of turns, and that you are never sure what is going to happen, very unpredictable.

X. Quotation and the Uses of Learning (41-42). Would you describe yourself as someone who is well-read? Do you like to quote others in your own writing? Do you like to write about what others have written?

XI. The Personal Essay as Mode of Thinking and Being (42-45). Would you describe yourself as someone who is open to a radical change in your life right now? No I hate change, big, small medium. I hate the idea more than anything, because usally when change occurs after my inital stressing out over it I can breath and see all of the good that it has brought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment