Thursday, January 8, 2009

On Writing

What do I say about writing? Writing is a personal experience that some lucky people get to share with the world, and the world actually reads it; if they get there work published I think the experience of writing is soothing, something about getting those thoughts and ideas on paper and staring down at them is a stress reliever. I found that not just poetry or essays, are stress relievers for me but the simple act of writing lists, i.e. grocery lists, to-do lists I'm not sure but all of these options help me take my often jumbled thoughts and releases them. My writing style....Is a more relaxed a first person narrative is mostly what i like to write, so some school papers I have a harder time with especially when It has to be an standard "Academic" paper where you are not allowed to have a "voice." I think that an important part of writing is the reading aspect, I find that I also like to read books that are written in the same way that I like to write, authors that share there personal experiences and thoughts, through there writing. Really communicating with the reader on a personal level, a level that as a reader you have experienced yourself, or perhaps that someone you know has gone through. I enjoy reading pieces that are written in diary form, or only the thoughts of the reader, I really connect to that especially when it is about physiological issues, because they go in depth in the psyche, and that type of writing is almost poetic with struggle, and there recovery. What else to say about writing, I wish I was better at it, I always entertained the idea of one day being published author, but that is on the same level as winning the lottery (hilarity). So for know I write my lists for stress relief and I write my school papers to graduate, and this is enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment