Thursday, April 16, 2009

"The Role of the Writer and that of the Academic"

They both agree that there is two deference in the writer and in the academic, however is where they disagree is the fact that Elbow would say that is on the side as a teacher to have his students "trust language and implies" and Bartholome would say to mistrust, "criticism" and that is how he would teach his students to read a text. Elbow think that he has tried to break the lines between teacher and student. and Bartholome would say that teachers are just a fraction of the issue that it is the "academy". I think both of these men try to answer the question that is posed, "Is criticism an appropriate point of entry into collage curriculum", Which I think begs for a impossible to answer what is considered English? These two men also differ on how much reading should be going on in a writing course. I think that these two men also differ on the fact, of where students in there class should be pushed into, and are they ready for them or not.

Elbow goes on to say that he is for FREE WRITING is the point that is open and without a cause of letting students know that what they do outside, diaries blogging is important in making them better writers. However I very much disagree with the fact that he would teach his class to form papers from the free writing, and then give no feed back until later in the semester? I think that this is ridiculous and that the point in a teacher is what its name impels. most students i feel were not given the same opportunity to write on the same playing field, and it is the job of a teacher to try to even that out and make sure that at least there is definition for what te student is expected to write in his or her profession. That feedback I know for me isthe most importnt vaule I get from my professors, that and new ways to see into the texts, and a new way to write about them from what I know, not what has already been produced and my work is just a weaker less informative copy. I agree with David!

No comments:

Post a Comment